Join us – be part of a bright, open future
There’s space for your company in the Open Industry 4.0 Alliance. After all, being open means welcoming new members! Through collaboration, and by speaking the same language, we can drive Industry 4.0 forward as one team. And reach your company’s and your customers’ digitalization targets.
Benefits for members
Being part of the alliance is a unique chance to:
- Be a first-mover and co-creator
- Tap into new markets
- Harness synergies and network
For future users and members of the Open Industry 4.0 Alliance, open and transparent cooperation within the Alliance will be crucial. Users expect competition of product and services based on open, compatible and standards-based ecosystems for maximum security of investments.
Become a member in 4 steps
The Open Industry 4.0 Alliance offers a fee-based membership program. Get a complete look at the advantages of joining us and submit your membership application.
Familiarize yourself with membership benefits.
Review the membership program material below.
Complete and submit the contact form below.
We’ll be in touch about the next steps.
Explore our member roster
Collaboration and membership FAQs
Will Open Industry 4.0 Alliance open up to new members and what are the qualification criteria to become a member of the alliance?
Yes, the Open Industry 4.0 Alliance remains open to new members. Each member undertakes to fulfill the conditions set out in the statute and by-laws. The by-laws are published on www.openindustry4.com website along with other details on becoming a member (e.g. fee structure etc.).
How will members collaborate within Open Industry 4.0 Alliance to drive customer success with their Industry 4.0 digital journey?
Members of the alliance will be focused on solving key customer challenges as they work on getting concrete offerings for high value industry use cases. The Open Industry 4.0 Alliance is planned to be set up so that it provides a platform for members to collaborate as workgroups specific to topics. These will be formal working groups that will develop and finalize approaches for high value use cases and technology recommendations. The outcome of these collaborations will result in white papers, E2Eoffering recommendations by industry use cases, etc.
How will alliance members collaborate to create addressable use case definitions by industry and process segments?
Dedicated working groups are already set up to address the specific customer needs in these industry segments. Please note that a technical white paper for a quick reference for possible use cases in discrete and process industry is available. This aspect of high value use cases and re-use of experience gained as collective expertise is a top priority for this alliance. More detailed white papers on process specific use cases are planned soon.
How we’re different FAQs
The vision of the alliance is global. During spring of 2019 we had announced the creation of the alliance with members from Europe. Now, we have 40+ global members including members from outside Europe. The goal of the Open Industry 4.0 Alliance is to expand into the major global regions of America, the Middle East and the Asian-Pacific area, as well as the rest of Europe, in the coming years.
There are similar sounding alliances, how does the Open Industry 4.0 Alliance differentiate itself & plan to expand membership?
The core purpose of the alliance is to deliver customer value. This will be done by members with their interoperable solutions and services. The differentiation as compared to other alliances can be summarized with the following statements:
- The charter of the alliance is to be Open to accommodate interested members. No one is dominant.
- Alliance members will enable a common asset model repository, leverage common data semantics to be used across E2E solutions and use an asset network to collaborate directly with customers.
- Alliance members work with each customer to ensure that a critical mass of their trusted vendors are part of the alliance
Plan to grow:
- Working with customers and onboard new members who constitute their trusted vendor landscape.
In addition, we believe each industry’s leading companies who have currently expressed commitment to be part of the alliance have a network and relationship with common interests to serve the customers.
Who do you see as a competition and how does the Open Industry 4.0 alliance fare compare to other alliances focused on Industry 4.0 topic?
The main differentiator of the Open Industry 4.0 Alliance is its goal to enable customer success while being Open across the defined solution space. The main aspects and differentiators are
- no one member is dominant. Existing similar sounding alliances have one dominant vendor around which an alliance is being attempted.
- This is the only alliance that promotes providing common asset model repository and leveraging it for common semantics across its stack with plug and play capabilities. This delivers unique benefits for the customers such as re-use and preserving value existing investments, ability to accelerate with collective expertise from members etc.
- Only alliance that provides built-in asset network & collaboration capabilities between operators, service providers and OEMs/Manufacturers
- Members ‘solutions will be interoperable and will also provide coverage for brownfield plants and warehouses.
The purpose and aim of the Open Industry Alliance 4.0 is to deliver customer value & success as an ecosystem. This ecosystem comprises of customer’s trusted suppliers of equipment and IT / OT vendors of customers that offer an integrated and interoperable Industry4.0 / IIOT solution and service within a common framework and ready to use asset model repository. This enables to deliver the digitization of factory, plant and warehouse with faster time to value.